Step 7: Our turn
After your product and PO have been properly submitted, it’s our turn to work our magic! We will make sure the job is entered into Wheresmyjob.com (if you have not done so already) and get the art files sent to the appropriate department. Depending on the job type, here are the things that will happen.
Screen printing orders:
- Our in-house art department receives your file and your order will be assigned an artist. If the files are not production ready, you will receive an email requesting the correct format or asking permission to vectorize for an additional fee. If the file needs to be separated beyond our normal process, your artist will contact you to request permission to proceed with separations for a fee.
- Our art department will email you a proof. Please review this proof carefully. Check the spelling, the size (which is on the left hand side) and color callouts. We have a broker template designed especially for you to present to your customers without any of our company info. If the template we gave you is not customer friendly please ask for it. The number of colors indicated on the proof is exactly how the order will be invoiced. If anything is unclear, send an email to your artist requesting an expanded view. If you do not have PMS book, please google it (color might be different due to monitor settings), or come by the shop and ask to take a look at our PMS book. Make sure to read the disclaimers and guidelines.
- If changes are needed for the artwork, let your artist know. Their job is to work closely with you to make sure you are satisfied with the FINAL outcome.
- Once you feel the proof is correct please email your artist with a “Good to Go” message. Emails that say it’s “good” or “ok” are not clear enough to proceed to the next stage of production.
- By this time you will have been entered into Wheresmyjob (WMJ). If your WMJ account is linked to our WMJ account, you can see the order in your queue. Screen printing orders can will be listed on page 52of WMJ . This will let you know the due date and status of the job. IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR JOB IN WMJ, PLEASE CONTACT US RIGHT AWAY. The order may have been lost in the system or may not be attached to your account.
- You will receive an email from WMJ letting you know the job is complete. If you are picking up the same day as you receive notice, please contact us (phone or email) first and ask if it can be billed. Accounting usually bill the next business day after she get the report from the warehouse.
- You are ready for pick up!
- If you provided us a fully digitized embroidery file (file extension DST,CND or EMB), we will proceed to the proofing stage. If the file has not been digitized, we will be in contact to get it done for an additional fee. If you had it digitized by an online service like Copyartwork.com, be sure to send us the file when available.
- Once the embroidery file is ready you will receive an email from our Embroidery Embellishment Manager with a DIGITAL proof and disclaimer. Please review the spelling, size, and thread colors on the worksheet. Properly interpreting the worksheet will require you have a thread chart. If you don’t have one, just contact Rapos and they can send you one. At this step you will also want to make certain you review any special instructions you need to include, either by phone or by email. The instruction should be on the PO but only as a reminder.
- If you have a picky customer, we highly recommend getting a PHYSICAL sew- out sample before proceeding to full production. Sew out samples are free if we did the digitizing or if you went through Copyartowrk.com.
- Once all samples have been approved, the order is moved ahead into production. At this point the order has been entered into WMJ and you should receive some kind of notice. If your WMJ account has been properly linked to our WMJ account, the order will show up in your reports on page 53. This is where you will be able to check the due date and status of any embroidery jobs. IF YOU DO NOT SEE IT IN WMJ, PLEASE CONTACT US RIGHT AWAY. There may be a technical issue or the order was never properly entered – either way it needs to be dealt with right away.
- Once the job is complete you should receive a notification from WMJ. If you are picking up the same day as you receive notice please contact us (phone or email) first and ask if it can be billed. Our accounting department usually invoices only orders completed the day before. Accounting usually bill the next business day after she get the report from the warehouse.
- You are ready for pick up!